Jane Johnson – School Games Organiser/ Partnership Manager
The Hyndburn and Ribble Valley School Sport Partnership has supported Schools to deliver high quality PE and School Sport since 2005. It is a “not for profit” organisation that has been able to carry on operating following the cessation of government funding due to continued support from its partner primary schools. We are based at Accrington Academy but cover the whole of the Ribble Valley area as well as Hyndburn.
We believe that all children have the right to access high quality Physical Education and School Sport and we are committed to working alongside the 65 Primary Schools, 10 Secondary Schools and 2 Special Schools in Hyndburn and Ribble Valley to achieve this. We aim to inspire a generation of young people to become engaged in sport and lead healthy lifestyles.
We deliver a range of services for Schools to access which include:
- The organisation and Delivery of level 1, 2 and 3 of the Sainsbury’s School Games across Hyndburn and Ribble Valley
- The organisation and delivery of Primary School Sports Competitions, Inclusion Events and Gifted and Talented Events
- The Delivery of Change 4 Life Sports Clubs to educate children about Health and wellbeing.
- The delivery of Sports Leadership Training
- The delivery of Bikeability training to ensure that children are safe to cycle on the roads
- The delivery of P.E and sport related Continual Professional Development to teachers.
- The deployment of a team of School Sport Specialists to deliver high quality curriculum Physical Education (using the Lancashire Scheme of Work) and work alongside Classroom Teachers and teaching assistants to develop their knowledge and confidence in PE.
- The delivery of after school sports clubs