Mrs S. Roscoe
Mrs J. Johnson
Ms A. Hollingworth
Miss K. Allcott
I studied dance all the way through secondary school before being auditioned and offered a place by the Northern School of Contemporary Dance. I trained there for four years and graduated in 2011 with a degree in Contemporary Dance Performance majoring in my final year in Dance Artists in Education.
After completing my degree I was offered a position as a teaching assistant at an international English school in Kuwait. While there in addition to my classroom-based work I established an extracurricular dance programme for students aged from 2 to 15. With this experience I was encouraged to plan, develop and then lead a foundation stage dance curriculum for the school.
Shortly after, I set off on a six month travelling adventure, which included one month of volunteering in Nepal teaching dance and drama. In addition to the above I have for the last few years worked with the International Theatre Schools Association as an ‘ensemble leader’. This involved creating and leading dance and drama workshops with students from around the world in a variety of venues including the Eden Project and Brussels International middle school.
I then went on to complete my postgraduate certificate of education at the University of Exeter, specializing in Secondary dance. I work as Movement Director for Calderdale Theatre School which I have done for many years starting as a student 15 years ago and now teaching others in this challenging role.
I started teaching at Accrington Academy in 2014, teaching BTEC Dance/ A Level Dance and GCSE Drama and took up Head of Dance maternity post before being transferred in 2017 to The Hyndburn Academy to set up my own dance department.
I have a love and passion for the performing arts and it's vital to me that we use it within schools to encourage creativity and individuality in the classroom and beyond.
- The organisation and Delivery of level 1, 2 and 3 of the Sainsbury’s School Games across Hyndburn and Ribble Valley
- The organisation and delivery of Primary School Sports Competitions, Inclusion Events and Gifted and Talented Events
- The Delivery of Change 4 Life Sports Clubs to educate children about Health and wellbeing.
- The delivery of Sports Leadership Training
- The delivery of Bikeability training to ensure that children are safe to cycle on the roads
- The delivery of P.E and sport related Continual Professional Development to teachers.
- The deployment of a team of School Sport Specialists to deliver high quality curriculum Physical Education (using the Lancashire Scheme of Work) and work alongside Classroom Teachers and teaching assistants to develop their knowledge and confidence in PE.
- The delivery of after school sports clubs