Every Child Matters
Every Child Matters (ECM) was originally a widely adopted government initiative launched back in 2003. At Accrington Academy we believe that many of its values still hold true and we strongly believe that Every Child Matters and that philosophy is embedded within our holistic provision.
At Accrington Academy our main aims are for every child to have the support he or she needs to….
- Be Healthy
(physically, socially and emotionally)
- Stay Safe
(from bullying, crime, discrimination and harm)
- Enjoy and Achieve
(active participant and keen to succeed)
- Make a Positive Contribution
(to the local community and environment)
- Achieve Economic Well-Being
(ready for further education, training and employment)
- Create a safe, secure and stimulating environment by treating others as we wish to be treated
- Act in a manner that creates a positive learning climate
- Recognise, respect and celebrate our individual differences in a socially acceptable way