Why Choose Accrington Academy?
Accrington Academy is a non fee paying school serving the Accrington area of Hyndburn in East Lancashire and offers a high-quality education to students of all abilities and all backgrounds.
Academy students benefit from a broad and balanced curriculum that is enhanced by the specialisms of Mathematics and Sport, supported by the themes of Business and Enterprise and New Technologies.
As publicly funded independent schools, academies are being created across the country to raise standards and create new opportunities. Accrington Academy prides itself on offering an innovative and exciting curriculum, cutting-edge facilities and an environment in which every student is encouraged to achieve high standards through stimulating teaching and learning experiences.
We do this through:
- A full range of courses to suit all levels of ability
- Our core purpose is to bring out ‘the best in everyone’. A commitment to a high standard of discipline that ensures the classroom focus remains on high-quality teaching and learning
- Student monitoring and tracking programmes which ensure progress is closely observed
- State-of-the-art facilities to support all areas of the curriculum
- A wide and exciting range of extracurricular activities – including sports clubs, music and drama clubs, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme, able and talented activities, study support groups and catch-up classes
- A Sixth Form which offers both academic and vocational courses
- The stability of being part of United Learning – an organisation with a long term commitment to education in the UK.