Mrs J. Johnson
School Games Organiser
I am the Partnership Manager and School Games Organiser for the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley School Sports Partnership and have worked in this role since 2011. I started my career in sport with a degree in sport and Exercise science but was not really sure which direction I wanted to go in when I left university. Two years later I found myself as a business manager for McDonalds Restaurants Ltd after following their graduate trainee programme! I quickly realised that this was not the career path that I wished to follow so began some volunteer coaching work whilst completing numerous coaching qualifications. This lead to coaching work in schools and I undertook a variety of sport development roles before becoming a schools competition manager in Cheshire. The senior competition manager role in Lancashire came up shortly after this which I took up until the funding cuts in 2010 when I started working in Hyndburn and Ribble Valley. Outside of work I enjoy lacrosse and netball and love travelling as much as possible. I have a two year old daughter and a one year old Labrador that take up much of my time!
Mrs S. Roscoe
I have recently started this role as Assistant Games Organiser in October 2017. Since a young age I was determined to fulfil a career in teaching Physical Education. I began this journey at Edgehill University where I completed a Degree in Sport & Physical Education. This lead onto a PGCE in physical education were I gained my QTS. Since then I fulfilled two PE teaching roles at The Hollins Technology College and Park High School Colne, both positions as a maternity contract. Within my role at Park High I began working in local cluster primary schools as an SSCO. Gaining this experience inspired me to teach whole school primary PE at Foulridge St Michael & All Angels C of E. After 3 years’ experience teaching in a primary setting I decided to make the change to teach here in the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Partnership. Outside of work I enjoy playing netball and spending time with my family and friends.
Miss K. Allcott
- The organisation and Delivery of level 1, 2 and 3 of the Sainsbury’s School Games across Hyndburn and Ribble Valley
- The organisation and delivery of Primary School Sports Competitions, Inclusion Events and Gifted and Talented Events
- The Delivery of Change 4 Life Sports Clubs to educate children about Health and wellbeing.
- The delivery of Sports Leadership Training
- The delivery of Bikeability training to ensure that children are safe to cycle on the roads
- The delivery of P.E and sport related Continual Professional Development to teachers.
- The deployment of a team of School Sport Specialists to deliver high quality curriculum Physical Education (using the Lancashire Scheme of Work) and work alongside Classroom Teachers and teaching assistants to develop their knowledge and confidence in PE.
- The delivery of after school sports clubs