Mrs J. Johnson
School Games Organiser
I am the Partnership Manager and School Games Organiser for the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley School Sports Partnership and have worked in this role since 2011. I started my career in sport with a degree in sport and Exercise science but was not really sure which direction I wanted to go in when I left university. Two years later I found myself as a business manager for McDonalds Restaurants Ltd after following their graduate trainee programme! I quickly realised that this was not the career path that I wished to follow so began some volunteer coaching work whilst completing numerous coaching qualifications. This lead to coaching work in schools and I undertook a variety of sport development roles before becoming a schools competition manager in Cheshire. The senior competition manager role in Lancashire came up shortly after this which I took up until the funding cuts in 2010 when I started working in Hyndburn and Ribble Valley. Outside of work I enjoy lacrosse and netball and love travelling as much as possible. I have a two year old daughter and a one year old Labrador that take up much of my time!
- The organisation and Delivery of level 1, 2 and 3 of the Sainsbury’s School Games across Hyndburn and Ribble Valley
- The organisation and delivery of Primary School Sports Competitions, Inclusion Events and Gifted and Talented Events
- The Delivery of Change 4 Life Sports Clubs to educate children about Health and wellbeing.
- The delivery of Sports Leadership Training
- The delivery of Bikeability training to ensure that children are safe to cycle on the roads
- The delivery of P.E and sport related Continual Professional Development to teachers.
- The deployment of a team of School Sport Specialists to deliver high quality curriculum Physical Education (using the Lancashire Scheme of Work) and work alongside Classroom Teachers and teaching assistants to develop their knowledge and confidence in PE.
- The delivery of after school sports clubs